Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Winter holidays

Dec 22nd and the snow banks in Revelstoke are already huge



Keith and I headed to Revelstoke on Saturday. It snowed non stop from Saturday morning until Sunday night adding to the 3 ft of snow already on the ground. Saturday was the opening of the expanded ski hill on Mt. Mckenzie. The DH ski area is now 5 times the size it was. Top to bottom runs were taking us 25 minutes and we had to stop for tons of rest breaks to give are legs a break from the demands of powder skiing. The terrain is unreal. Lots of variety, powder and long fun runs. Best of all, there was so much terrain that you never had to wait in line. We only had to stop when our legs couldn’t take any more burn. Keith, who has been waiting for this since grade 4 had a huge grin on his face.

Although I drug my camera around all day. My batteries crapped out before I got any good mtn. pics. You'll just have to go ski there yourself!!!
Christmas day we took advantage of the snowshoe trails for a hike on Mt Revelstoke.


New Years plan is to head to the coast with my new mtn. bike (which arrived yesterday while I’m out of town!) for some riding and a good party at Sandra’s with a bunch of good friends. Can’t wait.

1 comment:

Cam said...

OH How the snow falls in Revelstoke :) ... I look forward to a review of the new hill.

Congrats on your new team and sponsor.