Champery to Val di Sole

Champery was a tough week for me, a crash in training had left not only my but, but my confidence bruised. Not many things frustrate me as racing below my ability level though so I was determined to turn things around for the next World Cup in Val di Sole, Italy. How can things go wrong after a week of good Italian food and coffee?
After the race in Switzerland, the Luna crew hung out for another day. On Monday we climbed the Col de Cou...for cappuccino of course. Once atop we appeared to have 2 options for descending back to Champery. Georgia and Waldek both remembered riding a different trail down. So as Waldek and I tried out the hiking trail, Georgia and Zak opted for the other route. Both worked out and Wadek and I got to do some fun switchbacks and a fast descent to our meeting point.
Tuesday was driving day. An 8hr drive took 12, but we got to stop for freshly picked apricots, autogrill coffee (some of the best coffee in Italy is served up by baristas on the freeway. I think Waldek had 7 espresso shots on the way) and a meal and swim at Lake Garda. We arrived in the dark to less than stellar accommodations. It looked like a sardine can with train size aisles and sleeping berths. After one night there, where Waldeks head and toes touched the wall at the same time, he was scouting out other options and by the time I finished training we had a nice little apartment to move into. Waldek is a real trooper.

Comments

Popular Posts